今天Nov. 2, 2008
Weekend,Tiff’s favorite days among all.
In Taiwan, Tiff has so many beloved cousins….
and on today Nov. 2nd, 2008
It’s my youngest cousin’s big day!
My little bro called me to let me share little piece of the joyful moment that’s happening right there.
hearing my mom, dad, aunties and sister in law and even my nephew,
I can’t help to cry.
But, that’s alright! Tiff is going back by the end of month when I can see everybody! Tiff is really looking forward to it.
Mr. R always makes fun of me when I cry,
in order to steal a moment with my memory of my family, I hided in the kitchen
playing with the Italian biscuit!
今日特選: 義大利脆餅 Biscotti
Today’s dish: Italian Biscuit
特選食材: 參考 烹飪大師 Carol
Ingredients & Method: Adopted from Carol
1. Tiff will crack some nuts with chopper
2. Mixing in the dry ingredients and nuts with the whipped eggy butter to form a semi-moist dough
3. The dough tends to be a bit moist, and then work on the dough to a oval shape on the parchment paper.
4. 先用360F 烤15分鐘讓麵糰定型
4. First, in the oven at 360F, baking for 15 mins to firm the dough
5. Wait till it’s cooling down and then cut it into 1 cm wide strip
6. Lay it on the rack, into the oven it goes at 240F for 30 mins till the biscuit is crunch
seeing my Italian biscuit came out the oven and looked just like those that sell at Starbucks
It truly is a wonderful moment!
You can let you cool down on the rack, and have it with a coup of coffee
or you can even melt some chocolate and dip your biscuit in it
trust me, you just can’t stop having this cookie.
In Italy, people use this biscuit to stir the coffee,
the coffee does bring out an extremely different creamy and rich flavor of the biscuit.
This is a easy dish that you can make at anytime, try it sometimes
you will find out how good a baker yourself are.
The gloomy L.A really makes people feel sentimental
leaves falling, wind Whistling, rain dripping
there is so much going on in my mind.